Community Recreational and Leisure Program Consultant (Summer Job)
Position Description: Community Recreational and Leisure Program Consultant
Department: Recreation Therapy
Reports To: Manager of Community Development and Engagement
Role Summary: The Community Recreational and Leisure Program Consultant will be responsible for the general support of recreation programming at Kiwanis Village. In addition to supporting the recreation program the Community Recreational and Leisure Program Consultant will be responsible for providing leisure and recreation support to residents living at Kiwanis Village.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assisting with the implementation of recreation programming including crafts, sports, music, games, 1-1 visiting, bingo, Jolly Trolley, Grocery cart orders/deliveries, special events and exercises as directed.
– Setting up and cleaning up following programming
– Helping residents to and from recreation programming
– Assisting with the operation of the corner store
– Supporting the recreation team on community outings
– Assisting with the recruitment, orientation and ongoing support of new volunteers
– Answering the telephone and responding to general inquiries from residents and the community
– Assisting with general administrative tasks which might include: preparing reports, spreadsheets, collecting and analyzing data and updating files
– Taking a leadership role on the development of the Kiwanis Village TV Station programming
– Distributing a variety of flyers, newsletters, mails and memos to residents as requested
– Provide support with external communication including website and social media
– Other duties as assigned
This is a full-time, seasonal position funded through the Government of Canada Summer Jobs Program. The successful applicant must between the ages of 15-30. No formal education is required to apply.
This position is $14.60 hourly for 35 hours a week. Tentative start date is July 6th, 2020.
Please apply to [email protected]
Download the job posting in a PDF below: